Sunday 15 July 2012

Its a beautiful day ..........

At last as the sun returned so did my enthusiasm and off to an 8am start this morning. I started by fitting the two rearmost tunnel panels using rivnuts and 4mm stainless dome head bolts with just enough sealant to do the job, should be removable with ease should I need to. I then tidied and vacuumed the interior, mechanically with the exception of the steering the car is almost complete. I found a use for the old handbrake panel which was too small, I cut a section of aluminium and made a foam lined bracket for the ecu to sit in with rivnuts and domed stainless bolts to the bottom of the ecu panel took a little time but worth the effort I think ! I had found some furniture blanking ends on e bay which were a perfect fit for the holes in the front panels so made a neat job of sealing where the wires for the ecu emerge (in the photo the yellow tie wrap is only there until the silicon dries !) Then spent some time tidying wiring behind the scuttle to make sure all fits and does not interfere with heater wipers etc.
We have now collected a few body parts so Joe fitted the rear lights and before we packed up for the day couldn't resist putting the rear on for a photo ! A day in the sun building......... bliss ........ almost forgot about the missing bits ....almost ! 8 hours today 136 hours total.

Foam padded ECU mount
ECU cable exit silicon drying
Scuttle trial fitted for wiring clearances
Look at the rear on that !!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment