Friday 27 April 2012

Whilst Waiting for Fedex

Whilst waiting for Fedex to bring me a new fuel line so that I can finish underneath for now and turn it over, this is the reason I thought we might like to build a kit car.


I bought a ropey old 1979 Mg Midget and over a period of twelve months totally rebuilt the mechanics and renewed just about every part it was possible to renew. Of course I am now stuck with a car which is worth very little in real terms but stands me at a fortune !



The Westfield appealed to us as it was a chance to play with mechanics again but without getting filthy all the time. The Midget was hours spent degreasing, cleaning and painting and my better half was getting fed up with the constant film of oil over the drive and me !


I fitted modern Spax suspension to the rear and it drives very well and for my son and his friends is something of a head turner as although very familiar to us of advancing years his generation had never really seen one in use ! I figured if we could do this then the Westfield should be within our grasp !

No comments:

Post a Comment