Friday 29 June 2012

Dribbling forward ...........

No not a reference to my age, rather a slow progress this week, my time being taken by other matters. More assembly work has been completed with the radiator on the car, the painted front anti roll bar re-installed and some time spent tidying wiring. Having asked a number of questions about the battery have got the wiring in for that, just need the promised battery tray from Westfield to be able to site and secure the battery, I have a feeling I may have to resort to making one myself !! I trial fitted the manifold and have a concern about how close the solenoid wiring is to the pipes, I may be being pessimistic but I have ordered a length of heatproof sleeving and will protect the ends of the cables where they leave the convoluted tube ! Our IVA centre can only be impressed ! I hope !!
Tomorrow I hope to make serious progress and finish the front end mechanically with the exception of the steering for which I do not have the parts and that shortage is becoming a real pain in the ar  neck.
118 hours to date.
Tidying wiring.
Roll Bar back in place and battery waiting for mount.
Solenoid wiring a bit too close to manifold I reckon.
Front overview progressing albeit slowly.




2 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Just noticed the Carbon Mods bling on the Zetec - very nice!

    all the best

    Jon H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,

    No updates - has it been nice flying weather?

    Jon H

    ReplyDelete