Sunday 3 June 2012

Rear end progress ....

A couple of hours today installing fuel tank and the rest of the pipework, all seemed to go as it should, just need to finish the vent line and will then tie wrap the handbrake cables to the wishbones when the car has weight on the suspension. Going to be a bit fiddly torquing the wishbone bolts up when all the weight is on but doable with a bit of a fiddle I think ! The brakes seem ok I wedged the pedal hard on overnight and the pedal feels ok to me with a good solid feel to it, there was a minor weep from around the brake pressure switch but after some careful tightening seems to have stopped now. The ECU loom is probably next to finish off the wiring and tidy up the tunnel before engine installation, hope it will not be too long before I have one. 94.5hrs building.
Rear nearing completion.
Earth strap I assume this is the location.

3 comments:

  1. Paul, Could you see a flow direction on the filter? You have yours the same way as mine but I can't remember seeing a flow direction like the one on the pump. I was going to remove mine to check but if you are happy I'll leave it.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon, as far as I can remember there was an arrow on mine pointing to engine that is the way it is installed.

      Best wishes

      Paul.

      Delete
  2. I'll leave it then - TVM
    Jon

    ReplyDelete