Thursday 7 June 2012

Minor Mod ......

Corrosion on the Isle of Man is a major issue and protection and lubrication assume greater importance than if the car was used away from the salt air. Having read some of the problems associated with the front anti roll bar, I decided that an easy way to ensure its continued lubrication was to incorporate a grease nipple in its aluminium mounts. I drilled and tapped the mounts to 6mm and after sorting through a pack of 45 degree nipples I found two that tightened in exactly the place I required without recourse to shims. It will not be an ideal way of lubrication because of the open end to the carriers, however if I can introduce grease from time to time it will save messing around with the suspension mount !
96 hours building. Having spoken to Westfield today it seems I may have an engine at the end of next week, probably with delivery into the week after ! fingers crossed.

Roll bar mounts with inwards facing grease nipples.


2 comments:

  1. Any mention of whether TBs, ECU, Loom etc will be with the engine????

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The e mail reads that the TB kit will be at the factory next tuesday and the engine will be ready for despatch by the end of the week. I have assumed that all will be with the engine when delivered, I hope so, it is the ecu loom which is the key to being able to continue.

    Best wishes
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete