Wednesday 9 May 2012

Back on Track

Received the new wishbone bush this morning as promised by Westfield and my local friendly garage did the honours (thanks Tony!). I refitted the wishbone and then the tank mount without problem and all the bolts slide in and out easily as they should have done before I ruined the bushing ! Whilst waiting for the bushes to arrive I decided to have a play with siting the battery, my battery is an Odyysey Pc 625 to try and save a bit of weight, and I had assumed it fitted on its side with the rear underneath the steering rack. From speaking to Mark at Westfield this seemed to be his understanding too. However the battery will not fit under the steering rack at all being at least 1cm wider than the available space irrespective of the thickness of its mounting tray. The battery will have to be mounted in the traditional manner which is fine but I will have to either source or fabricate a mount. Because of a lack of suspension parts and engine and ECU loom, it is frustrating to not be able to actually finish a section of the car and move on, I think this will be reflected in the time needed to complete the kit in the long run ! 67 hours building, more chasing around !

Intended battery location
Not a prayer !
Wishbone restored
Tank mount frame

No comments:

Post a Comment